Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Redneck Campground


On Thursday, July 3rd, we arrived at the Shade Acres Campground, which we affectionately entitled ‘The Redneck Campground’. As we turned into the R.V. Park, I thought for a second that dad had made a wrong turn somewhere at that we were in West Virginia rather than Ohio.

As John, Nicole and I explored this Nascar mecca, my qualms were made true when we encountered the “Redneck Wind chimes”, essentially four cans of beer strung together hanging from a porch, and discovered that even the toddles were smoking and chewing tobacco.

On the morning of the fourth of July, I Awoke from a not too fitful night of sleep due to the fact that the campers next door had a little too much alcohol the evening before and were up the whole time hooting and hollering.

A few hours later, we went to Put-In-Bay, which is a cozy little island on lake Erie. We spent the bulk of the day biking around the island, stopping for ice cream and heading up a tower that could see over the lake. John was terrified of the elevator, which appeared to be nothing more than a box of held by a string. Dad couldn’t stop taking pictures; it seemed as if Steve Kabedee stowed away in our R.V. We are now on the way to Indiana.
By Mikey

2 comments:

Brian said...

Can you pick me up one of those red neck wind chimes?

I need a nice Christmas present for Emily!

Get er Done!!

J. Cagno said...

I think that this would make for the next great National Lampoons Movie. I can picture Chevy Chase playing Pastor Mike.